Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Moments I've Been Waiting For...

it's here! the beginnings of broccoli!

This may very well seem like a little much. But, this growing season is way more exciting than the last for some reason. I have to admit that my new 'hobby' feels more like an addiction.....but oh well. I've decided that even though it may bring out the compulsiveness in me, this veggie garden is here to stay. Why am I this excited about broccoli and gardening in general? Let's see.... there is a small chance that it's because this endeavor is turning out to be productive and won't be destroyed the minute I am finished (which CANNOT be said about any housework attempted) or maybe that, thanks to the interweb, I can learn so many new things quickly. Also, our backyard veggies were surprisingly tasty last year, and I'm feeling greedy for more!


I have dreams of blanching and freezing enough green beans and broccoli for meals that last through winter. I have visions of jars of backyard-made salsas and sauces filling our pantry. Am I crazy? Possibly. Is this realistic? Probably not. Am I going to keep daydreaming? Yep!


baby sugar snap peas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment