Sunday, April 10, 2011

Finally!

Ok...so by "I resolve to be more committed to this blog", apparently I meant starting 4 months into the new year. I apologize for all of the broken promises and will leave you with only one more. I promise not to make promises. No more forecasting what I am going to blog. It doesn't work, and apparently makes me avoid blogging.... so no more promises, for now.

My absence can also probably be explained by the time period between November through February, also known as the Plague-That-Was-Our-Life. From what I can recall it went a little something like this: flu viruses, rsv for everyone, a week in Children's Hospital during an ice storm, followed by a few more emergency room visits, 100 popsicles (or according to Sam "possibles") consumed, 105.7 fevers that last 9 days, ear infections, pneumonias, chest x-rays, strep cultures, blood tests, destruction of any kind of sleeping routine we have ever had, food logs, medication diaries, diaper documentaion, daily visits to the pediatrician, asthma treatments every 4 hours around the clock, pink eye for everyone, and allergic reactions to antibiotics. Yep, that about covers it.

in good spirits despite the plague

sending Emma picture emails because we were snowed in away from her

But, most of you reading already know this because you were there for us every step of the way. Thank you. Thank you! We never forget how lucky we are to have all of this support. SOOOO..... FINALLY....spring has sprung, and we are mostly healthy, and a little more informed. Sam does not have an IgA immune deficiency, which I was suspecting. Emma is allergic to both fall and spring allergens, compliments of me. And apparently, the viruses lurking this season, were NOT messing around. I was ready to put those two in bubbles.

But yahoo, it is April. We haven't seen our pediatrician or her staff in quite a while, and I'm pretty sure we are not going to experience any more freakish spring snow storms. Also, gardening season is here! I've been drawing out my plans and studying up on companion gardening and organic pest control.

So far, I have not been able to stop myself from planting cool weather veggies like broccoli, swiss chard, spinach, and a red leaf salad mix. I installed a strawberry pyramid and moved our transplants. Seeds have been started for heirloom pole beans, purple bush beans, snap peas, rainbow colored carrots, chives, more spinach, and salad mixes. I'm hoping to get a salad out of the back yard. We'll see what happens. Right now, all I'm getting out of the backyard gardening is two very muddy lil' ones and a new tradition where it is required to take off all of their clothes at the door and immediately carry them to the bath. But despite the mess, I do appreciate their help, most of the time.

So, to wrap it up, my apologies for the hiatus, many thank yous for helping us through the plague, and stay tuned for updates on all things growing around these parts.

All better!

No comments:

Post a Comment