Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch...

Things in the last 48 hours that very well could be followed by some sad, trumpety noise.

1. Packing away Sam's 12 months clothes.
2. Packing away Emma's 2T clothes.
3. Taking down my green bean vines b/c the stink bugs most likely destroyed them.

4. And the icing on the cake...Although, I should be happy that it is probably advanced for Emma to be able to illustrate emotion in drawing a face, why did it have to be me? Seriously, I think I am mostly nice to her, but this gem would make anyone think otherwise.


I walked by her drawing quietly. It was everything pictured above without the smile.

Emma: Mom, I drew a picture of you.
Me: (I'm thinking to myself..good lord! that looks angry...no...she's only 3...let's hope it's a coincidence)
Emma: That's you being angry.
Me: (great.) Why am I angry?
Emma: Because I hit my brother.
Me: Yes. That makes me angry. I'm not always angry, though, right?.
Emma: (added the smile).

Hopefully, I outgrow my Mom=Dr. Seuss Grinch status.

1 comment:

  1. Anybody who would like to hear the sad trumpety noise...http://sadtrombone.com

    ReplyDelete